Thursday, February 25, 2021

Democratic Demagoguery

I'm  typing this on a Monday evening, trying hard to stay ahead of my blog posting schedule.  I'm waiting for a Democratic Party Zoom meeting for Ward 10A.  I'm the Zoom Tech and I'm in charge of the waiting room.  

I worked one yesterday with about 30 participants and it was a little chaotic.  That was largely due to the ward chair having audio problems.  Tonight we have only 19, so it's easy to manage.

In other matters, Percy finally transmitted the videos of The Descent, aka La Bajada.  It's truly amazing to see the heat shield get jettisoned, the parachute deploy, the lander fire its rockets, and the dust-up as the surface is approached.  Then we get dual views, one from the lander looking down at the rover and another of the rover looking up at the lander.  Truly amazing stuff!  

https://www.nasa.gov/perseverance



No comments: