Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Groundhog Day

Yesterday I was down at the HDRG placing the new metal labels.  It took about 3 hours to get them out into the ground. The box had about 50 of them, each one below was packaged with another facing downward.  Lots of plastic.


As I unwrapped them, I sorted them by the bed that the rose was located in.  If I didn't find it immediately, I simply alphabetized them for later.

I was happily working on tables in the Atrium and when I had a reasonable tranche of labels, I'd trundle out to the HDRG and place them.  After consulting with a single gardener passing by, I elected to put them in at a rakish angle for ease of viewing by visitors.   


On the way out, I passed by Poppy Hill at the edge of the Heritage Farm.  It looks pretty sad in the middle of winter.  By summer, this will be vibrant with the growth of two species of endangered plants.   


A closer examination shows that the Argemone pinnatisecta have a few green leaves in a rosette at their base.  It looks like the gardeners have harvested all the seedheads. 
 

Meanwhile, the Penstemon neomexicana are sporting significant rosettes.  





No comments: