Sunday, December 5, 2021

Sunny Day Musings

My early morning kitty care dealt with cleaning a litter box in the middle of the night (don't ask) and feeding Henry Cat a 3:30 a.m. snack.  Now he's wandered back to the bedroom and is snuggled up to Caro.  I get to continue my midnight readings.

One that I found fascinating was an article on what a sustainable diet might be for the planet in view of food supply chain carbon emissions...   https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03565-5.  The bottom line is eat less meat and more fruits and whole grains.  

Another article, apparently one that went viral quite some time ago, is "How to Do Nothing."  I'll have to give it a detailed read later today.  For now, I've skimmed it mostly and only occasionally taken a deep dive into one section or another.  At the end, a lovely quote from “Nature Manifesto” by Elisabeth Nicula, in which she says:

The act of observation inserts a separation between the self and nature, protecting nature. Observation inserts nature between the self and the unknown, protecting the self. I’m not embarrassed to love nature, wild animals, and plants. I love them as individuals and as ideals. There is no hierarchy of creatures. There is no hierarchy of rocks, water, air and skin. (“Nature Manifesto” in LRLX’s State Change

In a final note, today is the Botanic Garden's 25th anniversary.  Aquarium, too.  Happy Quarter of a Century Celebration, everyone.  







 

No comments: