Monday, February 12, 2024

Cottonwood Gallery Species List

It occurs to me that I should combine the Nature's Notebook phenology observations with general botanical observations this year.  I've pulled down the NM Native Plant Society's bosque botanical checklist and will start cross-referencing it against my findings plus iNaturalist. 

Starting off, here's the list of plants we're observing for Nature's Notebook:

  • Populus deltoides sub. wizlizenii
  • Ulmus pumila
  • Forestiera neomexicana
  • Prosopis pubescens
  • Atriplex canescens
  • Cylindropuntia imbricata
  • Asclepias subverticulata
  • Asclepias speciosa
  • Ericameria nauseosa
  • Ribes aurantum
Other species that I've seen:  
  • Elaeagnus angustifolia
  • Tamarix chinensis 
  • Solanum elaeagnifolium
  • Datura wrightii
  • Dalea scariosa 
  • Senecio flaccidus
  • Kochia scoparia
  • Salsola tragus
  • Machaeranthera parviflora
  • Ephedra viridis
  • Mentzelia multiflora
  • Parthenocissus vitacea
  • Verbascum thapsus
  • Zinnia grandiflora
  • Cymopterus constancei
  • Juniperus monosperma
  • Anemopsis californica

 That's all I got for now.  Watch this space.  




No comments: