Sunday, March 10, 2024

Goodbye, Standard Time

Daylight Saving Time has begun tonight.  My body says it's 3:00 a.m., but the clock on the computer screen shows 4:00.  Later today I'll get out the step ladder and change all the clocks around the house.  Have to remember how to do that for the cars, too.  I think Caro's Cube didn't get changed, so it won't need any tweaking.  

Lucky for me, I don't have a Nature's Notebook rotation at the Botanic Garden this Monday.  I've got two weeks to adjust.  I'm definitely not a morning person, least of all this time of year.  

In the backyard, the birds will come to the feeders as is their want, irrespective of human time.  I just need to remember to refill them today.  Fluffy will still be at the back door, waiting for dinner at 5:00 MST, which today will be 6:00.  But breakfast will be late for her.  

I had just gotten used to the lengthening days in the late afternoon.  Now the evenings will be preternaturally longer.  The Hibiscus will continue to bloom in its natural rhythm.  They usually open in the early morning and fade by day's end.  The last couple of cloudy, cool days have prompted them to remain open well into the evening, sometimes until the next morning.

No matter--its a relaxing Sunday.  I'll water the bonsai juniper, fill the bird feeders, feed Fluffy (perhaps Stella, too), and bake zucchini bread.  


No comments: