Monday, May 31, 2021

House and Garden Tour

As I type this on Friday, I'm prepping sauces for tomorrow's visit by Nickie, Nellie, Bob, Deb, and Nate.  Bob and Nickie haven't seen the house, so this is an opportunity for Caro to showcase the new eastern raised bed, the seating area behind the Chinese pistache, and the garden in general.  (I should mention that it looks terrific.)  

Coreopsis, Achillea, and Ptilotus

Potted dahlias in front

Mandeville blossoms 

Stachys byzantium

Penstemon 'Husker's Red'

New dahlias 

_______________
But today (Monday) is Memorial Day and I would be remiss if I did not mention the sacrifice of many who got us through some terrible tough times.  

Dad's 384th Heavy Bombardment scrapbook contains some original information on the casualties they suffered during daylight bombing in 1943.  




No comments: