Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thor's Day

I'm trying (and succeeding) to keep ahead of this week's posts.  So far in 2021, I haven't missed a day.  That's some kind of personal best.  

It's been a difficult week to stay on target with Paddy gone.  We brought his ashes home Monday morning. 

Last night I brought in the big kitty cage in preparation for Henry's visit to VCA this afternoon.  Underneath it, stored in the garage was the smaller, beige plastic one that Paddy would use if we needed to crate up both cats at once.  I guess it's superfluous now.  

With that hanging heavy in my heart, I went into to Caro's office and sat with Paddy's ashes for a while.  The little white urn with golden flecks of color sits on the table in front of the window, a place where Paddy enjoyed looking out at the world.  I miss him so. 



No comments: