Saturday, October 4, 2008

Late Balloon Fiesta Update

Its a cool, rainy evening here in Albuquerque. We can use the rain and it will help set the plants and trees up for winter. I'm sure Terrance is hunkered down somewhere after a warm day--perhaps behind the rosemary in the Bodhisattva garden or in the west end of the Vinca, right under the electrical breaker box.

The Balloon Fiesta was a stunning success, although both Frances and I took long naps this afternoon. Its so wonderful that the weather held off for just 6 hours.

Here's a balloon burning its propane as it flew directly overhead. Schlepp was there as well and, as always, was mugging for a photo. Lots of good stuff for his calendar next year.

I've uploaded all the photos to the laptop I'll be taking to DC, so I should be able to make updates and additions every evening plus include whatever info Kathy and Caro get to me via Skype. Stay tuna'd....

1 comment:

barbarac said...

Our autumn rains have begun in Seattle too...great time for moving plants. Thanks for alerting me to the videos, Karl. The balloons were gorgeous, but the latest Tina Fey doing Palin on SNL was the best video I've seen in a while.
I love autumn...leaves falling, the garden being put to bed for winter, hot cups of tea. We turned the heat on for the first time today. Have a safe trip, Karl.