Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Day 300

It's been 300 days since Gov. Lujan Grisham made her first public health order, shutting down restaurants and closing schools.  I remember well that last lunch at Annie's Soup Kitchen.  Since then it's only been curbside takeout from local restaurants, InstaCart grocery delivery, mail-order wine, lots of Amazon shopping.  

It's true that I make occasional trips to Kelly's for booze if the parking lot is empty at 2:30 p.m. on a Monday.  I used to shop senior hours at John Brook's and the Co-op, but that's stopped since the November rise in cases.  I've not done any public interaction at the BioPark since recording the Harvest Festival video in late September.  I do occasionally go down and label plants in the HDRG by myself.  

Just yesterday I learned that the BioPark Society has purchased the license for IrisBG, a modern botanic garden database software to replace the moribund system we have.  Once the IrisBG staff convert the data, one of my jobs will be to ground truth the result and update the plant survey.  Eventually the public will be able to use the free IrisBG app to interpret the Botanic Garden's collections with their own phones.  



No comments: