Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Woden's Day

 Yesterday's education Zoom

An interesting discussion with about 18 docents and Ed. Dept. staff.  With DC craziness today, will wait and update tomorrow.

Yesterday's visit to the Garden

It was supposed to be cool and very windy.  Instead it was sunny and warm.  I swung by the Education Building and picked up my annual swag:  a lovely BioPark pullover, a BioPark mask, and a flash drive.  I connected with Cecilia about the labels in the HDRG and photographed the xeric berms to ground-truth my maps generated from drone photos.  A pleasant hour indeed.  

BioPark Board Meeting

I very nearly missed the first BioPark Board meeting of the year.  Thankfully, the director sent out a reminder with the Zoom link.  We got an excellent briefing from JT on the plans for developing the Heritage Farm and input from several in the community, including Sandy and Judith from our Nature's Notebook group.  


Elections in Georgia

Looks like it's going down to the wire, but in the end (after recounts and legal maneuvering) Georgia will have two Democratic Senators.

In Congress--electoral votes.

It should be pro forma, but all the excitement will be out on the streets.  Little did I know when I typed that sentence last night that the excitement would be in the Capitol.  EV's have still not be counted.


No comments: