Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A Poem by Perdita Finn

While I appreciate Perdita's poem during this Easter season, her embedded curse is not helpful. Science, progress, mindfulness, expertise are not the unadulterated evil she makes them to be.
_______________

Today I pray for resurrection...
of the great forests and the old trees
of the colonies of bees
of deep black dirt
of rivers and oceans and streams
I pray for the resurrection....
of devotion
of listening to the voices of birds
and the wisdom of stones
I pray for the resurrection
of the body and its joys
I pray for the resurrection of the body of the earth
a curse on abstraction, mindfulness, expertism, progress, and the human agenda
I pray for the resurrection
of this earth and my place in it

I pray that we all begin to know that we will be reborn into the world that we have made 

No comments: