Monday, April 5, 2021

Boxie Data

With the box turtles up and about, I immediately grabbed the scales and got weights.  This lets me know how they did over-wintering underground.  Their weights are excellent and they both seem healthy but lethargic (due to cool a.m. temps).  I'll have to see how their afternoon activity levels pick up.  High temperatures in ABQ are forecast to top 80° this week and possibly break records.   

From the graph one can see that Terrance has been remarkably stable and slow growing over the 13(!) years that I've had him.  Tiberius is only 5 years old and apparently hasn't reached his adult weight, which I expect to be close to Terrance's.  He's closing in on that weight and if one could hazard a linear regression line, he'll hit his adult weight this year.  

Everyone's appetite was good even though they couldn't finish off a box of superworms between the two of them.  I've also got a box of 50 meal worms in the fridge for next week.  They don't seem to be interested in the rehydrated food I set out for them.  Need to pick up some Turtle Protein Sticks next time I'm near Clark's in the far NE Heights.  


No comments: