Monday, April 19, 2021

Perseverance and Ingenuity

It's 4:07 in the morning and I just finished some quality time with Henry Cat.  He sat for a long time on my lap before hopping off and waiting for me to open a fresh can of food.  Afterwards he seemed a bit confused; he may have bumped into Paddy in the dark.  In any case, I carried him out to the sunroom and he eventually settled down on one of his favorite chairs.  

In the mean time, I'm patiently waiting for NASA to start their press briefing on the first flight by their Ingenuity helicopter on Mars.  So far it's just been stocking footage and interviews with various team members.  Gotta get the news on the data downlink!

Normally, at 4 in the morning, I'd also be reading the ElectoralVote.com daily edition.  For some reason today, they haven't posted yet.  

Aha, EV is live and NASA is starting to receive data.  They describe it as "nominal," which apparently is good. 


Word just arrived (4:55 a.m.) that the flight was successful!

Lots of happy people at NASA right now. 


No comments: